- Career Jam 2017, May 18th at the Alex Duffy Fairgrounds (10/23/2017) - Introducing Career jam, a hands-on, career exploration event for all area 8th and 9th grade students! Career Jam will be held on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Watertown, NY. Representatives from several major business sectors, including Agriculture, Business, Construction, Healthcare, Hospitality & Tourism, Human Services, and Manufacturing, along with a number of North Country training institutions, will demonstrate and offer hands-on career-related ...continued
- WPBS-TV Engages Community Through Multi-Media Marketing of GPS for Success (10/20/2017) - Read the article on PBS.org One of the joys of working in public media is the ability to be responsive to community needs. We have a responsibility to form meaningful partnerships that leverage our greater potential and to develop new resources together that can have a long-lasting impact. The definition of success, for us, is ...continued
- Workforce 2020 | Wednesday November 15, 2017 at the Watertown International Airport Hangar (10/4/2017) - Our area businesses are always looking for skilled employees to fill vacancies in nearly every profession. Our talented young people are graduating from high school and leaving the area, in many cases because they don’t realize that the career opportunities to which they aspire are available right here in the North Country! Workforce 2020 wants ...continued
- CORNELL COOPERATIVE EXTENSION ASSOCIATION OF JEFFERSON COUNTY HOSTS STEM DAY CAMP (7/31/2017) - Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) is hosting a STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) Day Camp to be held at Lyme Central School, July 31-Aug. 4th from 9am to 3pm daily. The camp targets students entering 5th through 8th grades. The camp will focus on a different STEM area each day. Topics include, earth science, drone ...continued
- North Country STEM Network Community Partner Award (6/16/2017) - WPBS-DT has been awarded the North Country STEM Network Community Partner Award for GPS for success.
- Senator Ritchie Secures Funding For “GPS For Success” (1/17/2017) - State Senator Patty Ritchie is announcing she has secured $10,000 in funding to help students become more career-ready through “GPS for Success,” a program that helps connect individuals with information on potential paths to employment in industries looking to hire. Made possible through a partnership between Jefferson-Lewis BOCES, WPBS-TV and the Northern New York Community ...continued
Your feedback has been received.