- Study to become a Veterinarian on an Island in the Atlantic! (3/6/2020) - Love animals and want to see the world? SUNY Canton can help you get started on that dream! If you have an adventurous spirit and are thinking about becoming a veterinarian, consider taking a look at SUNY Canton's four-year Veterinary Science Technology program. The college recently created an agreement with Ross University on the island of ...continued
- What’s your dream job? Imagine the possibilities! (1/24/2020) - Take a look at this article written by Carolynn Look on the Bloomberg website about the dream jobs of many teenagers! Too Many Teenagers Want to Become Lawyers or Managers According to their website, "Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, ...continued
- Scholarship Opportunities for Fall 2020 (1/22/2020) - Dear High School Seniors, It's time to start thinking about life after graduation. Are you immediately joining the workforce? Going off to college? Enlisting in the military? While exploring your career possibilities and opportunities using GPS for Success, be sure to think about how scholarships may be a key player if you choose to pursue a ...continued
- CTE Program 2020 Updates (1/22/2020) - Environmental and Agricultural Academy Do you have an interest in crop and food production systems, biological systems, and environmental conservation? Do you want to learn more about careers in innovative technologies as well as agricultural technical systems such as drone mapping and robotics? Look no further than the BOCES Environmental and Agricultural Academy! This exciting new half-day ...continued
- Career Connections LIVE (1/22/2020) - Career Connections are exciting interactive virtual discussions with individuals in selected professions. Each Career Connection is designed with 7-12th graders in mind, giving them an opportunity to learn firsthand the skills and education needed for a successful career path. Sessions include a presentation from an individual in the area of interest, followed by a brief synopsis ...continued
- Local Cornell Cooperative Extension Programs (1/22/2020) - Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) offers a variety of agriculture, horticulture, environmental, and nutrition-based programs. Be sure to check out all the workshops and events that CCE hosts - many are free and some have a minimal cost. See the list of programs in surrounding counties below: Jefferson County Youth and 4-H Programs Culinary: 4-H Junior ...continued
- Workforce 2020 renamed Workforce Connections (1/22/2020) - Workforce 2020 - the annual fall event that introduces local high school seniors to career opportunities in the North Country region - has been renamed Workforce Connections. The goal of Workforce Connections is to help industry leaders and high school students to make connections, to identify employment needs in the area, and to help students to prepare ...continued
- Career Jam 2020 (1/22/2020) - May 14, 2020 Alex Duffy Fairgrounds Watertown, New York Career Jam is a hands-on, career exploration event for all area 8th grade students! Career Jam will be held on the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Watertown, NY. Representatives from several major business sectors, including Agriculture, Business, Construction, Healthcare, Hospitality & Tourism, Human Services, and Manufacturing, along with a number of ...continued
- WPBS-TV Engages Community Through Multi-Media Marketing of GPS for Success (10/20/2017) - Read the article on PBS.org One of the joys of working in public media is the ability to be responsive to community needs. We have a responsibility to form meaningful partnerships that leverage our greater potential and to develop new resources together that can have a long-lasting impact. The definition of success, for us, is ...continued
- North Country STEM Network Community Partner Award (6/16/2017) - WPBS-DT has been awarded the North Country STEM Network Community Partner Award for GPS for success.
- Senator Ritchie Secures Funding For “GPS For Success” (1/17/2017) - State Senator Patty Ritchie is announcing she has secured $10,000 in funding to help students become more career-ready through “GPS for Success,” a program that helps connect individuals with information on potential paths to employment in industries looking to hire. Made possible through a partnership between Jefferson-Lewis BOCES, WPBS-TV and the Northern New York Community ...continued
Your feedback has been received.